Tom Baker and Sue Chadbourne are leading this Pequot Cyclists Club ride.
These weekly rides are a no-drop, scenic, well-organized and friendly ride with breakfast either during or after the ride. Try it, you will LOVE IT!
Tom & Sue have 10+ years of planning and executing these rides. Their riding rules are clearly defined. Make sure to let Tom & Sue know your intent to ride and/or have breakfast to make sure you have a seat at the table.
Breakfast Ride Guidelines
- Ride notifications will be sent out 1 week before ride, and also posted on the Pequot Cyclist web site.
- RSVPs will be requested to get a head count for restaurant. Responses will be requested at least 2 days before the ride. The restaurants are notified 2 days ahead to accommodate the riders.
- — If riders do not respond 2 days before the ride there may not be space for the rider at the restaurant at the end of the ride.
- All rides will meet at 6:45AM and start at 7AM.
- Ride cancellations will be sent out no later than 5AM on day of scheduled ride.
- Helmets will be required for all riders.
- Ride sheets will be emailed with the ride notification, and hard copies will be available at the start.
- We will ride as a group, starting and finishing together; i.e. no rider will be left behind. We will re-group at major intersections.
- A “sweep”, who will ride at the rear and assure that no rider gets left behind, will be assigned to each ride.
- Any of the ride sheets may be deviated from if we see interesting alternates or diversions.
- Each restaurant and ride will be rated. Score sheets will be provided electronically with the first ride notification.
- The top-rated restaurant will receive a plaque, which will be presented at a group breakfast at the end of the year.
- The top-rated restaurant will our first breakfast ride of the following year.
- This is a sanctioned club event, so either a Pequot Cyclist Club membership or a signed waiver is required for participation. All riders are strongly encouraged to become Pequot Cyclist members, of course.