VOLUNTEER NEEDED TO LEAD OUR HIKING ACTIVITIES!
Thank you to those that volunteered to start hikes in past seasons. Our club is very lucky to have energetic community minded members, and we would like to expand our Winter Season offerings.
- Hike Name – usually location or park name, Date, Time – usually 10:00 AM
- Exact physical location of meeting location
- Short Hike Description, might include trail name, points of interest, hazards requiring care and/or special gear
- Approximate mileage and completion time
- Cancellation parameters, usually weather-related
- Post-event gathering ideas, if any
OTHER WINTER EVENTS THAT MAY BE PLANNED.
2. Cross Country Skiing
3. Mountain Bikes Rides
4. Ice Skating
- All participants should carry personal ID and insurance information.
- Hikers are encouraged to partner up if unsure of capabilities.
- Hikes/ Winter Events are on Saturday or Holidays Starting Hiking 10 AM unless posted otherwise.
- Please arrive 15 min. early to sign in and gear up.
- Rain Cancels hikes.
- Wear Bright Colors/Blaze Orange Recommended and REQUIRED in R. I. Sept-May 31.
- Hikers should carry their own water bottle and snack.
- Pack-sized first aid kits are recommended for all outdoor activities.
- Inclusion of hiking dogs is at the discretion of that hike’s starter. Thank you for keeping Hiking dogs leashed at all times.
- Car Pool whenever possible.
- CPL= Commuter Parking Lot
- TBD= To be determined.
For any unanswered questions, please contact the Starter listed at the end of that hike description.
Hiking Links: Connecticut Explorer’s Guide, free online maps and guides.
Ten Essentials For A Safe Hike www.ctwoodlands.org