Tuesday Morning Breakfast Rides Start in June 2019
Tom Baker and Sue Chadbourne are leading this Pequot Cyclists Club ride for approximately 9 weeks this summer, starting in June.
These weekly rides are a no-drop, scenic, well-organized and friendly ride with breakfast either during or after the ride. Try it, you will LOVE IT!
Tom & Sue have 9+ years of planning and executing these rides. Their riding rules are clearly defined. Make sure to let Tom & Sue know your intent to ride and/or have breakfast to make sure you have a seat at the table.
Spoiler alert! The first ride will be around Groton with breakfast at Puffins. If you have not been there, it is absolutely worth the effort.
Rides and information will be posted as soon as we get it.
Breakfast Ride Guidelines for 2019
- Ride notifications will be sent out 1 week before ride, and also posted on the Pequot Cyclist web site.
- RSVPs will be requested to get a head count for restaurant. Responses will be requested at least 2 days before the ride. The restaurants are notified 2 days ahead to accommodate the riders.
- — If riders do not respond 2 days before the ride there may not be space for the rider at the restaurant at the end of the ride.
- All rides will meet at 6:45AM and start at 7AM.
- Ride cancellations will be sent out no later than 5AM on day of scheduled ride.
- Helmets will be required for all riders.
- Ride sheets will be emailed with the ride notification, and hard copies will be available at the start.
- We will ride as a group, starting and finishing together; i.e. no rider will be left behind. We will re-group at major intersections.
- A “sweep”, who will ride at the rear and assure that no rider gets left behind, will be assigned to each ride.
- Any of the ride sheets may be deviated from if we see interesting alternates or diversions.
- Each restaurant and ride will be rated. Score sheets will be provided electronically with the first ride notification.
- The top-rated restaurant will receive a plaque, which will be presented at a group breakfast at the end of the year.
- The top-rated restaurant will our first breakfast ride of the following year.
- This is a sanctioned club event, so either a Pequot Cyclist Club membership or a signed waiver is required for participation. All riders are strongly encouraged to become Pequot Cyclist members, of course.